Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Usborne History of Britain: Tudors and Stuarts
Buy this and your school gets £2.00 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Think history is boring? Then you’ve been reading the wrong books! But don’t worry – this is definitely the right book if you like danger and excitement. From battles and beheadings to plots and plague, there wasn’t much to snooze about in Tudor and Stuart Britain! It was a place of brave explorers, great scientists and powerful rulers like Henry the Eighth. Shakespeare wrote his famous plays. Francis Drake sailed around the world – and London burned down in the Great Fire! There were the sea battles of the Spanish Armada, and the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament. Best of all, a woman – Elizabeth the First – took the British throne for the very first time…
- A fascinating first look at a key period in English history
- Lavish colour illustrations taken from photos, paintings and manuscripts
- Supports the history curriculum and is ideal for school projects
- Part of a quality Usborne series developed for confident readers
5824 in Schools Catalogue 2017/18
September 1st, 2008
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
- 64 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.