The Roots of Rap
Part of the following pack:
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A rhyming, triple-timing celebration of hip-hop. Rhyme it, love it – and don’t stop! Who are the original founders of the hip-hop nation? Find out in this dynamic picture book. Did it start with Grandmaster Flash and DJ Kool Herc? Yes it did! But it also started way before that! Folktales, spirituals and poetry were the first roots of rap. Legendary soul man James Brown was a deep root, as well. Oh, and what else? Graffiti! Break-dancing! Rhythm! Scratching! Flow! A brave new music for the world to share. Join the movement. Let your rhythm show.
- A dazzling rhyming picture book full of musical legends
- Explores the foundations of hip-hop in images and verse
- Written by award-winning poet Carole Boston Weatherford
- With a foreword by Grammy-winning rapper Swizz Beatz
September 6th, 2018
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- In a Nutshell: The Story of Saint Patrick
- Chinese Cinderella
Dave and the Tooth Fairy
Fruits: A Caribbean Counting Poem
- The Dinky Donkey Book and Toy
- All Because You Matter
- The Biggest Story
- The Mega Magic Teacher Swap
Tales from the Caribbean
All About Eid: Things to Make and Do
- Scholastic Classics: Stories from Around the World
- The Undefeated
- Me, My Dad and the End of the Rainbow
- The Story of the Windrush
- Great People Who Reached for the Stars
- My Monster and Me
- A Superhero Like You
- The Wonky Donkey Book and Toy Boxed Set
- Meesha Makes Friends
10booksLittle People, Big Dreams Women Pack x 10
- Little Leaders: Visionary Women Around the World
- Scholastic Classics: Irish Fairy Tales, Myths and Legends
- Break the Mould