Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- All About You > Adoption and Foster Care
- All About You > BAME
- All About You > Changes and New Experiences
- All About You > Diversity
- All About You > Divorce and Remarriage
- All About You > Friends and Friendship
- All About You > Homelessness
- All About You > Refugees
- Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- PSHE and Citizenship
A heartwarming tale of losing and finding: just as magical as that gorgeous front cover. A glorious read by the author of Artichoke Hearts. (Perfect for autumn, but great all year round.) Not all lives fit neatly into boxes. Some people are left scattering like leaves. Like Aisha, a runaway refugee. Or like twelve-year-old Zak, set adrift by his parents’ divorce. Both kids run to the same place for shelter: the ancient city woods, which become their sanctuary. Here they meet each other – and Elder, a strange homeless woman. Meanwhile, police helicopters throb overhead, searching for the missing kids. But are they ready to be found yet?
- A stunning tale of hope and belonging by a Waterstones Prize winner
- Sita Brahmachari is the author of Artichoke Hearts and Jasmine Skies
- Explores topical issues of refugees, homelessness and human rights
- “A beautiful tale of modern multicultural Britain” – Booktrust
September 25th, 2014
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 5.8; Upper years; 12.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.