Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A wealth of digital resources to enhance and extend your work on The Suitcase Kid.
- Comprehensive teachers’ notes pull together the digital texts into coherent lesson plans.
- Interactive writing frames included to structure writing tasks.
- Interactive text extracts on CD-ROM to annotate with your class.
- Cross-curricular photos and videos to put the story in context.
- Author interviews and biography.
- Interactive whiteboard activities.
June 2nd, 2008
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Read & Respond
To get started with Read & Respond all you need to do is:
- Choose a children’s book, from Owl Babies to Kensuke’s Kingdom, to study with your class
- Order the corresponding Read & Respond Teacher Resource Book
- Add a Read & Respond Interactive CD-ROM to really get your lessons buzzing!
Read & Respond Teacher Resource Titles
In-depth analysis of each book to get the whole class thinking about the story—and expressing their thoughts aloud and in writing. Within each Teacher Resource Book you’ll find:
- Background information
- Detailed chapter notes
- Plot, character and setting activities
- Shared reading section, with three extracts to read as a class
- ‘Talk about it’ section to get the children discussing feelings and ideas around the book
- ‘Get writing’ activities to help children structure and express their views about the book
- Assessment activities*
Read & Respond Interactive
These multimedia CD-ROMs can be used as standalone products, or to expand upon the corresponding Read & Respond teacher’s book. Read & Respond Interactive is ideal for exploring cross-curricular themes and for inspiring reluctant readers.
Each CD-ROM contains:
- Teaching notes, including lesson plans, differentiation, cross-curricular links and editable notes
- An author interview or biography
- Audio clips
- Text extracts
- Cross-curricular photos and video clips to help put the story into context
- A word bank – linked to the text extracts – containing audio and text definitions
- A selection of interactive whiteboard activities.
We can supply each children’s title covered by the Read & Respond series as a pack of 6 or 30 books, or as a single purchase.
Read & Respond Interactive
What are the minimum system requirements for the Read & Respond Interactive CDs?
You will need a PC or Mac with a 4x speed CD-ROM drive and 128MB RAM; Recommended minimum processor speed 450Mhz.; Windows 98/2000/XP or Mac OSX 10.2 or later; 16bit sound card and graphics card.