Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Popular: A Memoir (Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek)
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
THE breakout teen author of the year: a six-figure deal and a DreamWorks movie optioned. The real-life diary of Maya, aged fifteen, who decides to follow a 1950s guide to popularity. Curlers, girdles, Vaseline, a strand of pearls: does it work? Goodness gracious: it certainly seems to! Maya is at a Texan school, stuck in the armpit of life, when she hits on her big experiment. She’ll spend a year following a 1950s popularity guide written by former teen model Betty Cornell. No selfies, Facebook or miracle creams. Just vintage clothes and old-fashioned values. The real-life results will make you cringe, laugh, cry and root for Maya on every page. You might even transform your wardrobe…
- Heartwarming and funny true story by a talented fifteen year old
- Can a 21st century dork find answers in a 1950s self-help guide?
- Original and heartwarming tale full of unexpected discoveries
- Explores high school anxiety and what it means to be popular
“The real deal… A teenage John Green for the next generation.” Margaret Stohl
“Popular is wonderful… charming, touching, entertaining.” Jo Elvin, Glamour
April 15th, 2014
AR book level: 5.0; Middle years; 8.0 points