Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not for sale in United States.
Out of this World: Space Sports - Trouble on Nova (Zone 1)
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Everyone on Space Station Nova needs to get along – but they don’t. Can a bunch of kids do anything about it?
Part of the Space Sports series for Zone 1, this book is a Manga-style graphic novel with an exciting sci-fi plot to engage even the most reluctant readers.
There are three series, split across four ability levels and following a different group of characters as they explore outer space.
This book can be used alongside the Out of This World Zone 1 Teacher Resource Book.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Out of this World
Out of this World is a series of manga-style graphic and illustrated sci-fi novels supported with software to write your own graphic novel.
The series is perfect for reluctant readers and writers in Years 4–6 and is divided into four Zones (levels). At each Zone there are:
- Six manga-style graphic or illustrated sci-fi adventure novels
- A teacher’s resource book with activities and plot summaries
- A CD-ROM with templates and artwork for writing a new adventure.
Out of this World Teacher Resource Books
Each Zone (level) is supported with a wealth of notes, activities and the software and artwork to write you own graphic. Within each Teacher Resource Book you’ll find:
- Plot summaries for each story
- Reading and writing activities for each story
- Photocopiable pages
- Detailed guidance on using the CD-ROM
Interactive resources supplied on the CD-ROM are:
- Artwork from the book and graphic novel templates to help the children write their own story
- Covers and logos to create a cover for their book
- Character cards
- Quick writing activities – for example, ‘What happened next?’ and image-only versions of spreads from the books to allow the children to write their own versions.
There are three strands of Out of this World novels:
- The Arkies
- Space Sports
Each strand follows a different set of sci-fi characters and aliens as they explore and colonise distant planets.
The novels in each strand are published at four Zones (levels), with two novels at each Zone:
- Zone 1 (Graphic novels; 32pp; interest level Years 4–5)
- Zone 2 (Graphic novels 40pp; interest level Years 4–5)
- Zone 3 (Graphic novels 48pp; interest level Years 5–6)
- Zone 4 (Illustrated novels; 64pp; interest level Years 5–6) Each series has a different set of characters and aliens and a different style of artwork.
We can supply each children’s title as a pack of 6 or as a single purchase.
We can also supply the books for each zone as:
- Zone starter pack: one copy of each novel at that Zone plus the accompanying teacher’s resource book
- Zone class pack: six copies of each novel at that Zone book plus one copy of the accompanying teacher’s resource book