Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.50 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 4 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Morpurgo perfection. A donkey as fast as a racehorse? Only a magical garden gnome can make this wish come true… In Dublin, where horses run wild in the fields near the tower blocks, Jackie dreams of owning her own horse – the fastest in the world. But all she has is Gran’s old donkey, Barnaby. He’s not only slow, he’s as stubborn as a mule. Yet Jackie wishes Barnaby could run like a racehorse. And then a magical garden gnome, Mr Skip, grants her wish. Could Barnaby – ‘the Superdonk’ – really win the Irish Derby?
- Magical younger fiction by a master storyteller
- An uplifting tale of hope and dreams coming true
- Accessible illustrated text that builds confidence
- Written by the celebrated author of War Horse
5050 in Schools Catalogue 2017/18
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 4.8; Middle years; 2.0 points
- 112 pages