Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- All About You > Families
- All About You > Friends and Friendship
- Animals > Endangered Species
- Animals > Mammals > Bears
- Animals > Wild Animals
- Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Fiction > Literary Fiction
- Multicultural > Chinese
- Mysteries and Thrillers
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Environmental or Green Issues
Shocking, moving and based on real life. Gill Lewis will stun you with this emotive story of Asia’s tortured bears. Did you know that in Vietnam, China and many other Asian countries, bears are farmed for their bile – a liquid that comes from their liver? It’s true. Kept in tiny cages all their lives, often unable even to stand up or turn round. Can you imagine such cruelty? Now Gill Lewis, the author of Sky Hawk, tells a powerful story based on the suffering of these bears. Tam is a young boy forced to work on a bile farm, who befriends a bear cub. Can Tam help the cub escape – and give the bears their freedom?
“A moving animal adventure beautifully told, and perfect for fans of Michael Morpurgo.” TBK Magazine
“A powerful and inspirational book.” Daily Mail
‘Gill Lewis is one of the most exciting new writers around. She writes powerful, inspirational adventures about relationships, wildlife issues and making the right choices. If you’re a Michael Morpurgo fan then you’ll love this.’ Kate, Scholastic Book Clubs
‘I just couldn’t put it down! I rate this book 10/10, Lewis wrote the book from the heart, it makes you cry, get angry, fearful and it’s like you are actually in the middle of it all.’ Ben, aged 13
AR book level: 4.2; Upper years; 8.0 points