Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11 November 2008
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 5/5 from 7 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Years 5 and 6, NOVEMBER 2008
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS includes:
- Space Dictionary Game – An interactive, ‘Call My Bluff’ style game in which players must choose the correct definition for 30 words associated with the topic of Space
- Travelling to a new world – Navigate this on-screen text and learn about life on board the space ark, ‘Perseus’. Pictures, sounds and text combine to inspire a range of creative writing ideas.
- The Star Beast – An extract from the classic science-fiction short story by Nicholas Stuart Gray
- Are we alone? – David Clayton examines the evidence for and against extra-terrestrial life
- Classic Poetry: The Moon by Emily Dickinson – A classic poem featuring simile and metaphor – plus click on the moons in the interactive poster to reveal hidden information screens
- The Ashton Family Space Log – The journal of a family on board a space ark
These are accompanied by the 16 page Teachers’ Notes magazine:
Next issue January 2009 (published in January):
- Victorian workhouse resources – Including extracts from Berlie Doherty’s novel and play script version of ‘Street Child’
- Interactive resource: Life in the workhouse – David Clayton looks at what life was really like in the workhouse in this interactive resource
- Orders for the Poor in Doncaster workhouse – This pre-1834 document lays out the rules and weekly menu for inhabitants of the workhouse
- Robert Burns poem – To commemorate Burns’ 250th anniversary, one of his classic poems ‘Address to Edinburgh’
November 1st, 2008
- 24 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.