Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11: Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11 May 2009
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Years 5 and 6, MAY 2009
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on an AFRICA theme includes:
- Where it all began – A narrative and non-fiction text looking at the same event: how human life began.
- The White Giraffe by Lauren St John – An enticing extract from this Africa-based story.
- This is Africa – Find out why Africa lies at the heart of our planet in this information poster.
- Nelson Mandela – Biographical text exploring the life of Nelson Mandela.
- Traditional tales – Teresa Saunders retells four ancient fables based in the animal world.
- Paul Cookson Performance Poetry Workshop Part 3 – In this final episode of our three-part performance poetry workshop, Paul works with a Year 5/6 class to create a hilarious poem about parents.
These are accompanied by the 24-page Teachers’ Notes magazine:
Next issue July 2009 (published in July):
- Resources on a Literacy and ICT theme – Including an audio-visual resource to encourage descriptive and creative story writing
- Do as you are told – A Paul Cookson poem presented as a comic strip by Beano artist David Parkins
- The Roar – An extract from this science-fiction adventure novel by Emma Clayton
- How to tell tales Part 1: Characterisation – The first part of our six-part story writing workshop by Literacy Time PLUS Writer-in-residence, Antony Lishak.
May 1st, 2009
This product has not been reviewed yet.