Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11: Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11 July 2008
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 5/5 from 7 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
Years 5 and 6, JULY 2008
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on the theme of the Tudors includes:
- Interactive ‘Name that Tudor’ resource – Identify the famous Tudors using the biographical clues
- He Just Can’t Kick It With His Foot – A funny audio football poem, written and performed by Paul Cookson
- Speech by the Earl of Essex – A poetic speech in praise of Queen Elizabeth I made at a jousting tournament
- Cakes fit for a king – A hybrid text including a recipe for Maid of Honour cakes
- The case for and against Henry VIII – All the facts you need to explore the Y5/Y6 Transition Unit on Persuasion
- Historical Fiction extracts – Extracts from Julia Jarman’s ‘The Time-travelling Cat and the Tudor Treasure’ and ‘My Diary: Anne Boleyn and Me’ by Alison Prince
These are accompanied by a 24-page magazine which includes: * Teachers’ Notes and photocopiable worksheets * Teachers’ planning charts * Book news, offers and events * Feature article – Andrew Thraves looks at a new reading measure coming to the UK – Lexiles.
Next issue September 2008 (published in September):
- Newspaper maker – Create a newspaper front page using this interactive template
- Performance Poetry – The Jumper Granny Knitted
- The Boy Who Laughed at Santa Claus – Ogden Nash’s humorous cautionary tale about a boy who tries to spoil everyone’s Christmas-time fun
- Information texts – A recount of Lourdes, and an information poster about Llanelli
July 1st, 2008
This product has not been reviewed yet.