Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11: Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11 January 2009
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Years 5 and 6, JANUARY 2009
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on a VICTORIANS theme includes:
- My life in the workhouse – An interactive, fictional recount of a child’s arrival at a Victorian workhouse with a virtual tour of its key rooms.
- Extract from Berlie Doherty’s Street Child novel – Extract from this powerful novel, based on the real-life story that inspired Dr Barnardo’s homes.
- Extract from Berlie Doherty’s Street Child play – Berlie Doherty’s own playscript adaptation of the Street Child episode featured in Group Reading Leaflet 1.
- ‘Address To Edinburgh’ by Robert Burns – Celebrating the 250th anniversary of Robert Burns’ birth, we present an extract from this classic poetic eulogy.
- Paul Cookson Poetry Workshop Part 2 – In these two films, Paul takes part in a question-and-answer session before explaining how he writes his poems and gets his ideas.
- Orders to be observed by the Poor in the Doncaster workhouse – A genuine historical document dated pre-1834, featuring the workhouse rules and the weekly menu.
These are accompanied by the 24-page Teachers’ Notes magazine:
Next issue March 2009 (published in March):
- Resources on a Literacy and Numeracy theme – Including a conundrum story by Kevin Crossley-Holland – Leopard, Goat and Yam
- Mad Maths Dictionary – Find the correct definitions for 30 mathematical words and terms in this ‘Call My Bluff’-style interactive game. Complete with printable dictionary and answer sheet.
- Poetry by numbers – A collection of poems with a strong numeric, line or syllable pattern, including a limerick, two clerihews, two haikus, a tanka, a cinquain and a sonnet.
- What is a metaphor – Kevin McCann reveals how to bring your stories and poems to life, starting with simple similes and ending up with magical metaphors.
January 1st, 2009
This product has not been reviewed yet.