Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11: Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11 January 2008
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Years 5 and 6, JANUARY 2008
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on the theme of Time includes:
- Interactive debate – Read the biographies of the ten famous 20th century Britons and decide where on the timeline they should be placed
- Keeping time – This interactive information text asks children to read the explanation, then arrange the parts and instructions in the correct sequence
- Funeral Blues – Poem in the form of an Elegy – by W H Auden
- How to… keep a reading journal – Ideas on ways to make a reading journal much more than just a list of books read
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret – An extract from Brian Selznick’s captivating mystery story, plus author interview
- Saved in time playscript – Victorian and present-day characters illustrate the theme of time in this short play
These are accompanied by a 24-page magazine which includes: * Teachers’ Notes and photocopiable worksheets * Teachers’ planning charts * Book news, offers and events * Feature article – Denise Dent assesses the kind of help pupils with no English require.
Next issue March 2008 (published in March):
- Resources on a Family theme – including a poem by Michael Rosen and extract from Helen Cresswell’s Bagthorpes series
- Stormbreaker resource – This on-screen resource has an extract from the book, the movie, author and actor interviews and an author profile
- Conversation Poetry frames (Part 1) –These interactive poetry frames from Kevin McCann can be used to create your own conversation poems
- Letters, diaries and journals – Extracts from recounts with a family theme
January 1st, 2008
This product has not been reviewed yet.