Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time PLUS Ages 5 to 7: Literacy Time PLUS Ages 5 to 7 May 2008
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Ages 5 to 7, May 2008
The latest issue has an Olympic Games theme and includes:
- Dame Kelly Holmes, Olympic Champion – An exclusive audio interview with double gold medal-winning athlete, Kelly Holmes, with the questions posed by children
- Sports Zone – Become a reporter for the Sports Zone magazine and structure the on-screen sports reports
- Let’s find out about Beijing – A non-chronological information text about the city hosting the 2008 Olympic Games
- Winning Words – Poster game where you race around the track thinking up synonyms for the adjectives, verbs and phrases describing the athletes
- Amazing Alfie Ashton – A delightful short story about Alfie and his school sports day
- Poems on a ‘Really Looking’ theme – From Adrian Mitchell, Christina Rossetti, Berlie Doherty, Stanley Cook, Paul Rogers and John Agard
These are accompanied by a 24-page magazine which includes: * Teachers’ Notes and photocopiable worksheets * Teachers’ planning charts * Book news, offers and events * Feature article – Let’s Get Creative – Jay Mathews examines how linking creative subjects to core literacy teaching can improve literacy skills and behaviour
Next issue July 2008 (published in July):
- Featuring resources and texts on a Dinosaur theme – including an animated story about a dinosaur’s day and an interactive labelling activity
- The Troodon – Drag and drop the labels to identify the dinosaur body parts and read the information about the Troodon
- Life in a dinosaur nest – A flow diagram with simple captions showing the life cycle of a cinosaur nest
- Dinosaur Alphabet – A rhyming A to Z guide to dinosaur names – complete with a downloadable pronunciation guide
May 1st, 2008
This product has not been reviewed yet.