Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time PLUS Ages 5 to 7: Literacy Time PLUS Ages 5 to 7 March 2009
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Years 1 and 2, MARCH 2009
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on the theme of UP IN THE AIR includes:
- Landing on the moon – An interactive recount of the Apollo 11 space mission, with audio recordings of the countdown, launch and Neil Armstrong’s words as he took his first steps on the Moon.
- Balloon busters – Burst the balloons to spell the words correctly, finding the missing vowel graphemes. Focusing on oa, ai, ee, ar, oi, igh and oo.
- Suffix flight explorer – A non-competitive journey game providing practice at adding the suffixes -er and -est to words.
- Flying too high – A simple retelling of the tragic Greek myth of Daedalus and Icarus by children’s author, Moira Andrew.
- Flying creatures – A fact-filled non-chronological report about flying creatures real and imaginary, complete with contents and alphabetical index.
- The kites – A delightful poem by Daphne Lister featuring a simple a,b,c,b rhyming pattern.
These are accompanied by a 24-page magazine which includes: * Teachers’ Notes and photocopiable worksheets * Teachers’ planning charts * Book news, offers and events * Feature article – Getting an author in by Antony Lishak.
Next issue May 2009 (published in May):
- Texts and resources on a Castles theme – Including a non-fiction leaflet on castles of the world
- Interactive resources – Build your own castle PLUS the final part of our Performance Poetry workshop with Paul Cookson
- The Castle Tournament – A fantasy story by Brenda Williams
- Poster – How to attack a castle
March 1st, 2009
This product has not been reviewed yet.