Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not for sale in United States.
Investigate Super Easy-Buy Pack Pack
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- English > Pupil texts
- English > Reading > Guided Reading
- English > Reading > Independent Reading
- Facts and Information
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Animals
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Life Cycles
- Science > Earth and Beyond > Astronomy and Space
- Science > Physics > Forces
- Science > Physics > Light
- Science > Physics > Sound
- Science > Seasons and Weather > Weather
Enhance literacy while you nurture curiosity. This KS1 non-fiction series introduces popular science topics using visually stunning photographic books which are ideal for guided and independent reading. The fully book-banded series is divided into themed strands of six books, each of which consists of an overview book plus five companion titles. Combining easy-read text with dramatic visuals and lots of attention-grabbing facts, Investigate makes a perfect introduction to non-fiction for readers who are growing in confidence.
Giving you everything you need to teach the entire series, this multipack contains six copies of each of the six titles in all nine strands – a total of 324 books. You’ll also receive the Predators CD-ROM, Life Cycles CD-ROM and Animal Defences CD-ROM.
- Book-banded series full of vivid photos
- Covers exciting science themes
- Perfect for guided reading or child-led extended study
- Introduces key conventions of non-fiction texts
- Flexible dip-in structure
- Supports the transition from guided reading to confident solo reading
“I was really impressed with these books and cannot stress enough how exciting children will find them! The books are full of highlighted facts and questions to challenge children’s knowledge.” Sarah Gorman, primary teacher
February 1st, 2010
In this pack
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
- The series has a simple structure. Each strand has an overview book, with accompanying CD ROM, which teachers can use for guided reading. The overview books in each strand contain the key vocabulary and concepts for the whole strand. Once children are secure with the concepts, they can go on to use the remaining five books as independent readers.
- CD ROMs follow the structure of the overview books, but are packed with extra features – games, animal videos and audio to get less confident readers started.
- Choose the relevant strand for your class.
- Download the teachers’ notes for that strand, and pick the relevant notes for the book you have chosen.
- Use the CD-ROM for whole-class work, with children taking charge of the navigation.
- Support this work with the relevant overview book to get children interested in the concepts of LIfe cycles, Animal defences or Predators.
- The rest of the readers are all at the same level, so children can choose which books they are most interested in. Do they want to know more about Penguins, Octopus, Elephants, Deer or Otters?
Investigate CD-ROMs (Life cycles, Animal defences and Predators)
The CD ROM is NOT an ebook. It is much more than this. It is engaging and interactive and enables children to drill down even further, to learn about animals that haven’t been mentioned in the books, to test their understanding of the concepts, by playing matching games, or checking out information in a table. The CD brings the animals to life. Lions roar, and chase their supper. Birds swoop onto the interactive whiteboard. The activities provided on the CD-ROM are ideal for teaching literacy skills regularly and systematically. Above all, it is a fun way to learn.