Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 5 ratings
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Once there was a man who fell in love with a mermaid. He swam down into the sea to be with her, and was never seen again… Sapphire’s father told her that story when she was little. When he’s lost at sea she can’t help but think of the old myth. Then, the following summer, Sapphy meets Faro – an enigmatic Mer boy. Diving down into Ingo, she discovers an intoxicating world of pure sea hidden beneath the crags of Cornwall’s Zennor coast. But Sapphy doesn’t just crave the wild world below the waves; she longs to see her father once more. And she’s sure she can hear him singing across the water: I wish I was away in Ingo, far across the briny sea…
- A haunting, sea-drenched tale steeped in myth and legend
- By Orange Prize winner Helen Dunmore, who died in 2017
- Helen was one of the greatest writers of her generation
- Her adult books included Birdcage Walk and The Siege
“Ingo has a haunting, dangerous beauty all of its own.” Philip Ardagh
“The electric thrill of swimming with dolphins, of racing along currents, and of leaving the world of reason and caution behind are described with glorious intensity.” Amanda Craig