Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.20 to spend on books Orders of £10.00 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Light! It’s blindingly obvious! It’s just sunshine and the light-bulb in your living room. Isn’t it? Um… no. Because the science of light is full of sizzling, squishy, horrid facts that teachers like to keep you in the dark about. Read on if you want to know:
- how lethal laser beams can sizzle human flesh
- why dead bodies make ghostly glowing lights
- how rattlesnakes can find you in the dark
- why contact lenses were moulded from dead people’s eyeballs
- how eclipses turn night into day
- how stars have colours we can’t see
- how to use light to zap enemy missiles
Some of it’s light-hearted fun – and some of it will scare the living daylights out of you! Switch on your brain with Frightening Light!