Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.50 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 2 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
Chemistry. It’s the most horrible part of science. The part that’s most likely to make you say “UGH.” Chemistry can cause chaos in your brain. Even your teacher knows it! But let’s forget the fiendish formulas for now, and take a look at the nasty bits you REALLY want to know about – the nasty bubbling green mixtures, the vile and poisonous potions, the horrible smells, bangs and blasts. Discover:
- how the first chemists – “alchemists” – really searched for the Philosopher’s Stone
- what suspect substances lurk in your school dinner
- the sickening stench of the world’s worst stink bomb
- which cruel chemical gases killed soldiers in the war
- how rotten reactions can blow you away
- which awful acids will eat you alive
Flash a formula. Wave a test-tube. Potions bubble. Things go bang! It’s not magic. You’re not at Hogwarts. You’ve just read Chemical Chaos!
February 4th, 2008
- 176 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.