Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Horrible Histories (TV Tie-in): Woeful Second World War
This product is not currently available.
Rated 5/5 from 6 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
The horrible book to go with the TV series!
If you ever hear old folk moaning on about the world today, just remind them how woeful things were in World War II. When Hitler’s horrid army were goose-stepping round the globe, nearly everything in Europe was totally AWFUL! Read on to discover…
- The dreadful truth about Dad’s Army
- What happened when an elephant got loose in the blackout
- Who made a meal out of maggots
- Which smelly soldiers were sniffed out by their enemies
- Why wearing white knickers could kill you
What with doodlebug bombs dropping out of the sky and sweet rationing driving kids (and teachers) mad, life in the Second World War was truly wicked. So from snow-bound cities under siege to fly-infested jungle trenches, and from rotten rationing recipes to awful invasions, discover all the dire details about the worst war EVER!
June 1st, 2009
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
- 144 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.