Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Evacuee: A Real-Life World War ll Story
This product is not currently available.
Other formats and editions:
|Paperback, May 2015||£4.99|
Rated 5/5 from 2 ratings
2 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Read Jan’s true story of bombs, rations, country life and escape from the Blitz. A look at the war from a kid’s point of view, full of amazing photos. Being young can be tough, right? Yucky school dinners. Homework. Sharing the remote control. But spare a thought for poor British kids in World War II, who had things even worse. If they weren’t flattened by bombs, they were packed off to a strange new life in the country. A new family. Food rations. Gas mask drills. The Blackout. And homework. Wish you were there? See what it was really like.
- Wartime life retold by a real evacuee who is also an award-winning children’s author
- Includes fascinating photos from the time
- Authentic true-life account getting top reviews online
January 1st, 2015
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
- 112 pages