Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not for sale in United States.
Connectors Purple: Giant Holes x 6
Due to rights restrictions, this product can only be delivered to a school address.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- English > Comprehension
- English > Reading > Guided Reading > Book Band Purple
- English > Reading > Independent Reading
- English > Reading > Reciprocal Reading
- English > Speaking and listening
- Facts and Information
- Geography > Habitats > Oceans
- Science > Earth and Beyond > Geology
Narrow the attainment gap with reciprocal reading. Our groundbreaking Connectors series uses peer-to-peer learning strategies that include every child – with proven results.
- High-impact methods proven in case studies and recommended by the Education Endowment Foundation
- Formal classroom trials of Connectors show children’s reading age leaping forward by an average of 9.1 months in just 12 weeks
- Ideal for small group teaching at different ability levels
- Case studies show particular benefits for disadvantaged learners
- A great way to make your Pupil Premium go further
Children work in small independent groups of up to six, each taking turns to be the leader as they read and discuss a book together. Clear prompts show the leader how to focus the discussion and engage their team members to predict outcomes, clarify issues, ask questions and evaluate content.
This collaborative approach builds teamwork, speaking, listening, comprehension and evaluation skills. It also promotes metacognition and peer-to-peer learning: two strategies identified by the Education Endowment Foundation as being particularly effective for disadvantaged children.
A 2013 formal trial of Connectors involving 616 pupils in five UK schools showed dramatic increases in reading ability, with the greatest benefits among children on Free School Meals. These pupils showed a reading age increase of over 10 months on average – all in just 12 weeks.
This six-copy pack of a non-fiction title is ideal for readers at Book Band Purple.
“The Ofsted inspector that saw the Connectors lesson said she had never seen a book talk where everybody was so engaged and on task. She said the system obviously works really well for children because everybody was focused.” Literacy Coordinator, Ecton Brook Primary School