Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Connectors: Disease Detectives x 6 Pack
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- All About You > Hospitals, Dentists, Doctors and Illness
- English > Comprehension
- English > Reading > Independent Reading
- English > Reading > Reciprocal Reading
- English > Speaking and listening
- Facts and Information
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Science > Biology and Life Science
Connectors is a groundbreaking reading series which narrows the attainment gap through peer-to-peer learning. Children work in small independent groups, each taking a turn to be the leader as they read a book together, following prompts to make predictions and debate issues raised in the text.
Clear prompts represented by coloured faces show each child when it is their turn to read and lead, and how to focus the discussion to engage their team members. This exciting approach builds reading and listening skills, promotes successful teamwork and encourages every child to participate.
Peer-to-peer learning builds cooperation and trust between pupils, motivates disengaged learners, moderates behaviour and develops leadership and cognition skills. The Sutton Trust ranks peer tutoring as one of the most effective ways to improve overall achievement, with disadvantaged and low achieving pupils making particular gains.
Disease Detectives explores the role of epidemiologists, the scientists who study the origins and nature of diseases. Find out how this field of science developed, and what being a disease detective is like.
June 1st, 2009
This product has not been reviewed yet.