The Highway Rat (Hardback) National Share a Story Month 20% off orders over £40 with code BOOKCLUB20 25% off orders over £50 with code BOOKCLUB25 30% off orders over £60 with code BOOKCLUB30
Buy this and your school gets £2.08 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 4/5 from 7 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
The rollicking adventurous picture book from the number one bestselling author and illustrator of The Gruffalo, Stick Man and Zog.‘Give me your buns and your biscuits! Give me your chocolate eclairs! For I am the Rat of the highway, and the Rat Thief never shares!’ Life is not safe for the other animals, as the villainous Highway Rat gallops along the highway, stealing their food. Clover from a rabbit; nuts from a squirrel – he even steals his own horse’s hay. Will he finally meet his comeuppance, in the form of a cunning duck?
- Hardcover format comes with a protective dust jacket to make this a special gift for a lifetime
- A fabulous, rollicking rhyme, in the style of the famous Alfred Noyes poem, ‘The Highwayman’, from the UK’s number one picture book author and illustrator
- Perfect read-aloud rhyming text and stunning pictures on every page with lots of details to spot
- Adventure, friendship and learning to be kind are at the heart of this story
- The Highway Rat has been adapted into a popular animated film starring voices from David Tennant (Highway Rat), Nina Sosanya (Duck), Rob Brydon (Horse), Tom Hollander (Squirrel) and Frances de la Tour (Rabbit)
- Superworm is on BBC One at Christmas with voice artists including Oscar-winner Olivia Colman (narrator), Matt Smith (Superworm) and Rob Brydon (Crow)
- New for September 2022 – look out for The Baddies, the wickedly funny new picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler.
549 in SCB Offer February 2022
September 1st, 2011
AR book level: 4.0; Lower years; 0.5 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.