Read & Respond Interactive: George's Marvellous Medicine
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 5/5 from 3 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
Now fully in line with 2014 Curriculum objectives
Raise literacy and attainment by bringing a favourite children’s book to life in your classroom. This CD-ROM is packed with time-saving resources to help you teach George’s Marvellous Medicine.
- Multimedia activities for whiteboards
- Writing frames
- Image banks and audio/video clips
- Interactive text extracts to annotate
- Author interviews and biography
The Read & Respond series takes growing readers into the heart of popular children’s books which inspire a love of reading. It uses group discussion, thinking games, creative writing and craft activities to engage every child with timeless stories.
This CD-ROM is ideal for use with our Read & Respond resource books or as a stand-alone product.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Read & Respond
To get started with Read & Respond all you need to do is:
- Choose a children’s book, from Owl Babies to Kensuke’s Kingdom, to study with your class
- Order the corresponding Read & Respond Teacher Resource Book
- Add a Read & Respond Interactive CD-ROM to really get your lessons buzzing!
Read & Respond Teacher Resource Titles
In-depth analysis of each book to get the whole class thinking about the story—and expressing their thoughts aloud and in writing. Within each Teacher Resource Book you’ll find:
- Background information
- Detailed chapter notes
- Plot, character and setting activities
- Shared reading section, with three extracts to read as a class
- ‘Talk about it’ section to get the children discussing feelings and ideas around the book
- ‘Get writing’ activities to help children structure and express their views about the book
- Assessment activities*
Read & Respond Interactive
These multimedia CD-ROMs can be used as standalone products, or to expand upon the corresponding Read & Respond teacher’s book. Read & Respond Interactive is ideal for exploring cross-curricular themes and for inspiring reluctant readers.
Each CD-ROM contains:
- Teaching notes, including lesson plans, differentiation, cross-curricular links and editable notes
- An author interview or biography
- Audio clips
- Text extracts
- Cross-curricular photos and video clips to help put the story into context
- A word bank – linked to the text extracts – containing audio and text definitions
- A selection of interactive whiteboard activities.
We can supply each children’s title covered by the Read & Respond series as a pack of 6 or 30 books, or as a single purchase.