Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.08 to spend on books Orders of £10.00 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Humans aren’t designed to fly. That’s why the first people to try it came to a very sticky end! (And that’s why this is a Horrible Science book!) But after centuries of death-defying stunts, blood-curdling blunders and fearsome flops, people have finally taken to the skies!Read on to discover:
- how to build a flying saucer
- which brave bird-men flew on feather wings
- how the zeppelin Hindenburg burned to a crisp in just 34 seconds
- why brave pilots flew faster than sound. Boom!
- which perilous plane was made of piano wire
- what happened to the world’s first flying sheep
A book stuffed with hair-raising heights, dizzying drops, terror, tears, triumphs – and squishy bits. It’s fearsome fun! Just don’t forget your parachute!
May 4th, 2009
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
- 160 pages