Buy this and your school gets £1.44 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Forget about all the things you think a princess is SUPPOSED to do – Princess Sue is not that kind of royalty!
Princess Sue sits in a tower, waiting for her prince to come. But then she realises . . . she doesn’t need a prince at all! Find out how this feisty princess escapes the clutches of her twit of a prince in this funny, feminist twist on the traditional princess tale. No need for pretty dresses, fairytale weddings and grand balls, Princess Sue is all about adventure, mischief and making unusual friends. She really is the best at being the worst princess!
An empowering picture book from the brilliantpair who brought you modern classic Dogs Don’t Do Ballet, author Anna Kemp and illustrator Sara Ogilive. Perfect for fans of Fantastically Great Women Who Changed the World, Princess Smartypants, Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls and Ada Twist, Scientist.
‘The Worst Princess introduces a brilliant, fearless, funny, fierce heroine who isn’t settling for the usual sexist fairytale claptrap. This book is a delight and a refreshing blast of feminist fun!’ Laura Bates, author and activist
‘This book is a breath of fresh air! A much-needed reminder that we must carve out our own identities and not be forced into traditional roles.’ Sue Hendra, co-creator of the bestselling Supertato
‘Those sick of the cult of pink princesses will appreciate this quirky take on the traditional princess tale… A very funny new picture book’ The Bookseller Children’s Buyers Guide
‘Told in verse, and wonderfully illustrated by Sara Ogilvie, this picture book is so funny it could be safely recommended for all ages’ The Independent on Sunday
‘Girl power is celebrated in this picture book that turns the princess role firmly on its head’ Waking Brain Cells blog
2016 in Schools Catalogue 2023–24
February 2nd, 2023
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- The Accidental Prime Minister
- The Book of Not Entirely Useful Advice
The Midnight Fox
- Zim Zam Zoom!
Please Mrs Butler
Heard It in the Playground
- The Super Miraculous Journey of Freddie Yates
- Amulet: Amulet Box set 1-8 Graphix
- Aru Shah and the End of Time
- Stretched Thin (Ms Marvel graphic novel 1)
- Fast Forward Green: Dinosaur Scientists (Non-fiction) Level 13
- Fast Forward Green: Powering Cars (Non-fiction) Level 14
- Fast Forward Green: Alternative Energy (Non-fiction) Level 14
- Fast Forward Green: Plants (Non-fiction) Level 14
- Fast Forward Orange: Walking on the Moon (Non-fiction) Level 15
- Fast Forward Orange: Heating Up (Non-fiction) Level 15
- Fast Forward Orange: UFO: Ordinary or Aliens? (Non-fiction) Level 15
- Fast Forward Orange: Global Warming (Non-fiction) Level 15
- Fast Forward Orange: The Space Race (Non-fiction) Level 15
- Fast Forward Orange: Wheels (Non-Fiction) Level 16
- Fast Forward Turquoise: Saving Coral Reefs (Non-fiction) Level 17
- Fast Forward Turquoise: Fossil Fuels (Non-fiction) Level 17
- Fast Forward Turquoise: Fish (Non-fiction) Level 17
- Fast Forward Turquoise: The Great Barrier Reef (Non-fiction) Level 17
- Fast Forward Turquoise: Animal Travellers (Non-fiction) Level 18
- Fast Forward Gold: Locust Plague (Non-fiction) Level 21
- Fast Forward Silver: Living in Space (Non-fiction) Level 24
- Fast Forward Silver: Space Tourism (Non-fiction) Level 24