This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
How can teachers unravel the mysteries of written English, teach sound recognition, decoding and letter-sound knowledge? By using this book!Professor John Hattie
Catch Up Your Codeidentifies and addresses gaps in knowledge of the alphabetic code of English. This knowledge is critical for efficient decoding and spelling. Any gaps impact negatively on reading comprehension and quality writing.
Catch Up Your Code starts with a short assessment to identify gaps in code knowledge, then provides a series of fast, effective 10-minute lessons to close the gaps.
This series supports both remote or face-to-face learning environments.
This Starter Pack Contains:
- The Teacher’s Book
- x10 Student Workbooks
- x10 Desktop Cards
- The Wall Chart
The lessons in the Catch Up Your CodeTeacher’s Book guide students to explore the sounds of English, think about where each sound occurs in a word, and discover the different ways the sound can be written. These lessons, suitable for students from ages 7+ to adults, provide teachers with the tools to close the gaps in code knowledge for all of the sounds of English. This Teacher Book includes:
- 48 fast-paced lessons that can provide instruction for all the sounds of English OR just the sounds that are least well known
- Flexibility in teaching to the whole class, small groups or individuals
- Teacher notes that explain the rules for using the code accurately
- Appendices with strategies for addressing gaps in phonological awareness and for transferring code knowledge to writing and reading
- A glossary of terms, answer key, and phoneme-grapheme chart
The Practice Book provides students with practice activities:
- identifying the diverse written code for each sound of English
- counting syllables in words
- identifying the vowel spelling pattern in each syllable
The durable Desktop Card illustrates the sounds of English and common spelling patterns that can represent them (phoneme – grapheme relationships). It provides students with a convenient reference that can be used during a variety of reading and writing activities. Sold as a set of 10 copies.
The poster-size Wall Chart illustrates the sounds of English and the different ways each sound can be written (phoneme – grapheme relationships). It provides teachers and students with a comprehensive reference for locating common spelling patterns and for recalling the diversity of the alphabetic code.
This product has not been reviewed yet.