Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
My Story: Mill Girl
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 5 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
Say hello to yesterday without a Tardis. Discover My Story: the series where history gets real. Manchester, 1842. Something terrible has happened. Eliza is to start at the mill on Monday. She’s heard dreadful things about the huge textile mills that are sweeping across Britain, turning it into an industrial nation. People say the work is tough and the conditions atrocious. Now Eliza must find out for herself. Will she still be Eliza – or just a pair of factory hands?
- A fascinating fictional diary from a best-loved series
- A vivid first-hand account of the Industrial Revolution
- Captures how it felt to live through this turbulent time
- Inspiring historical reading that supports the curriculum
- Hugely popular series with over a million copies sold
May 5th, 2008
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 5.3; Middle years; 6.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.