Literacy Assessment Kit Training (x2 sessions) Pack
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Benchmark Kits are an essential resource to accurately track and assess children’s reading progress across the whole school, ensuring consistent and accurate levelling in reading.
These bestselling literacy assessment kits can be used alongside PM or independently, and are correlated to standard Book Band levels for ease. We now offer in-school training to help you make the most of the Benchmark Kits and running records. Understand better how to assess students’ fluency and retelling strategies while determining their level of comprehension, both within and beyond the text.
Literacy Assessment Kit Training will take place over two 1.5 hour sessions, one week apart, and will cover:Session 1:
- Pre-level 1 Assessment
- The balanced reader
- How levelled texts work
- PM Benchmark Literacy Assessment Levels 1-30
- Taking a reading record
- First level analysis
- Understanding the benchmarking of progress in reading
- Analysis of Pre-level 1 Assessment
- Analysis of the Level 1-30 reading record
- First levels analysis
- Second level of analysis (meaning, structure and visual)
- Third level of analysis (observing and discussing reading behaviours)
- Understanding of the Post-level 30 Assessment
- Using the reading assessment to inform instruction, linking to the requirements of the National Curriculum, reading organisation and age-related expectations.
A practical benchmarking task will be set by the course trainer to be completed between session 1 and session 2.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. (Some geographical restrictions may apply.)
This product has not been reviewed yet.