The Top Secret History of Codes and Codebreaking
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Explore the history of codes from The Haircut Code, used by the Persians to convey messages in war, to Ancient Hebrew ciphers, pictorial codes of the Egyptians and Mayans to letter codes in ancient Rome and substitution ciphers used in Tudor England when the execution of Mary, Queen of Scots was being planned. Find out about modern-day codes, such as tennis players Laura Robson and Heather Watson’s ‘back slang’ when playing doubles and computer codes in the 21st century including the safety of passwords.
This book features strange-but-true facts that are real-life extraordinary stories of codes and their code breakers and ‘Code Cracker’ practical activities show how you can build or solve your own codes!
February 1st, 2018
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Usborne Phonics Readers: Toad Makes a Road
- Dream Big: Heroes Who Dared to Be Bold (100 people - 100 ways to change the world)
- City of Rust
- Women in Art: 50 Fearless Creatives Who Inspired the World
- Peppa Pig: Chinese New Year
- You Are a Star, Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Oxford Illustrated Shakespeare Dictionary
- Dragons Don't Share PB
- Usborne Farmyard Tales: The Silly Sheepdog
- Usborne Farmyard Tales: The Snow Storm
- Horrible Histories: Frightful First World War
- Usborne First Reading: Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- Usborne Picture Books: The Magic Porridge Pot
6booksAdventures in STEAM Pack
- History Atlas
- Usborne First Stories: The Tale of Rumpelstiltskin
4booksLollies 2023 Pic Bk Shortlist
Meet the Planets
Horrible Histories: Stratford-upon-Avon (newspaper edition)