The Accidental Wizard: The Accidental Wizard
Buy this and your school gets £1.12 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school. Find out more about Scholastic Rewards
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
A raucously funny middle grade adventure for fans of Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman… Twig is the last surviving apprentice of the great wizard Ripplemintz, which, as a job, is just as terrifying as it sounds. Oh Ripplemintz always means well, but for a wizard of such high regard he really does make an awful lot of mistakes. And who’s always left to clear them up? That’s right – Twig. So when Ripplemitz’s most powerful spell is let loose on the world, off Twig goes to catch it. And catch it he does, except… not quite in the way that he intended. Because, instead of catching it in an enchanted jar, Twig sort of… well… catches it in… HIMSELF .
Our October 2020 Ages 7-8 Book of the Month
For kids aged 7 and over, our October Book of the Month pick is The Accidental Wizard. We have chosen it because it is perfect for magical bedtime reading, either independently or as read aloud for you and your child, especially on the lead up to Halloween! The full-length novel is perfect for confident readers, whilst illustrations throughout make it still accessible to those of all abilities. Brilliantly funny, with bags and bags of heart, The Accidental Wizard is destined to leave you completely spellbound!
In it you’ll meet Twig Thicket, a lowly apprentice to the great wizard Ripplemintz, who is just as clumsy and forgetful as he is great. When he lets loose the most powerful spell in the world, Twig accidentally catches it becoming the greatest wizard in all the Kingdoms… and soon discovers that isn’t as wonderful a thing as you might think.
From award-winning author Kimberly Pauley, this magical, hilarious adventure is ideal for fans of Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Wonderful illustrations throughout from Jason Cockcroft.
745 in SCB Offer December 2023
September 3rd, 2020
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- The Accidental Wizard: A Peculiar Problem (Book #2)
- Witch Girl
The Santa List
- Malice in Underland #2: A Trick of Time
- The Golden Frog Games (Witchlings #2)
- The Secret Animal Society
Last Gate of the Emperor 2: The Royal Trials
- Lightning Girl #1: Lightning Girl
- How Not To Be A Vampire Slayer
- The Vampire Slayer's Survival Guide
Horrible Histories: Terrible Thames
- Secret of the Night Train
A Gangster Stole My Trunks
- Last Gamer Standing
- It's the End of the World and I'm In My Bathing Suit
- Rose Gold and Friends #4: Oralie's Scavenger Hunt
- Rose Gold and Friends #3: Amber's Mystery Sleepover
Danny the Champion of the World
- The Longest Whale Song
The Lost Lands (Rise of the Dragons, Book 2)
- The Midnight Hour #2: The Midnight Howl
- Pokemon: Ash Ketchum, Pokemon Detective / I Choose You! (Pokemon Super Special Flip Book)
Dork Diaries: Dear Dork
Unicorn Seekers #2: The Secret Unicorn Society
- Bella Broomstick #1: Bella Broomstick
- The Midnight Thief
- Morgan Charmley: Spells and Secrets
- My Story: Codename Céline
- Shout Out: Use Your Voice, Save the Day
- We Found a Cat (PB)