Tom Gates #19: Random Acts of Fun
Buy this and your school gets £1.60 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
2 reviews (Add a review)
The top-of-the-class, extra special new bestseller from multi-million copy selling author and illustrator Liz Pichon. A laugh-out-loud, packed-with-pictures Tom Gates story! Oh no! Tom’s stuck at home with a fractured ankle and it’s spoiling his fun. Doodling on his plaster cast helps to pass the time, along with visits from family (with treats), friends and even Rooster managing to sneak in. Tom remembers other fun times he’s had, like metal detecting with Uncle Kevin and the cousins or inventing a new secret language with Derek. But only ONE thing will cheer Tom up: a caramel doughnut from the new bakery… trouble is, every other kid in town keeps getting there before him!
ABOUT THE SERIES:
- Written in diary form
- Every page STUFFED full of laughs, stories, doodles and creative FUN
- The Brilliant World of Tom Gates was the winner of the Roald Dahl Funny Prize!
- Perfect gifts for boys & girls who love to laugh themselves silly
- The first series of The Brilliant World of Tom Gates won the Scottish BAFTA for Entertainment!
Our November 2021 Ages 9-10 Book of the Month
My middle-grade Book of the Month pick for November has to be Tom Gates: Random Acts of Fun. Uh-oh! Tom’s stuck at home with a fractured ankle and is FED UP. He starts to think up fun stuff to pass the time: doodling on his plaster cast, having his friends have a go on his crutches and sitting by the window spying on his street. But only ONE thing will really cheer Tom up: a caramel doughnut from the new bakery in town… trouble is, he can’t get his hands on one before every other kid in town gets there before him!
This new book is the 19th in the series from the best-selling, award-winning author Liz Pichon. This laugh-out-loud story is perfect for boys and girls who love to be silly and creative. Written in diary form and with doodles on every page, the engaging format keeps any reluctant readers hooked. Perfect for fans of Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Dork Diaries. This year we celebrated 10 years of Tom Gates books and saw the launch of The Brilliant World of Tom Gates TV series on Sky – so if you’re a fan of this book there’s plenty more to dig into!
846 in SCB Offer September 2023
Tom Gates (book 19)
October 14th, 2021
AR book level: 3.9; Middle years; 2.0 points
Add a review
Customers also bought
- The New Bum Series!: I've Broken My Bum!
- The Viking Sagas: Bracelet of Bones
- Just Be Cool, Jenna Sakai
- The Brightstorm Chronicles #2: Darkwhispers
Tom Gates #18: Ten Tremendous Tales
Tom Gates #2: Excellent Excuses (And Other Good Stuff)
- Horrid Henry: Horrid Henry and the Secret Club
Soccer Squad #4: Glory!
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Diper Overlode
5booksWhat to Read After: Diary of a Wimpy Kid Pack
The Meanwhile Adventures
The Positively Last Performance
Flat Stanley: Invisible Stanley
30copiesArtemis Fowl x 30
6copiesPhoenix x 6
- Read & Respond: Artemis Fowl
The Battle of the Beetles #2: Beetle Queen
- Pig #3: The Seriously Extraordinary Diary of Pig (PB)
- The Wonky Donkey: The Dinky Donkey
The Tale of Angelino Brown
The Battle of the Beetles #3: Battle of the Beetles
13booksAlex Rider Pack x13
- Enchanted Pony Academy: Enchanted Pony Academy - #3 Let It Glow
- Read & Respond: Room on the Broom
The Killer Cat Runs Away
- My Cute Narwhal Journal (C&F) (PB)
- Tom Gates #17: Spectacular School Trip (Really.)
- World's Worst Pets
Other formats or editions
Tom Gates #19: Tom Gates 19: Random Acts of Fun