Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
A dark new spin on an old story. Deception, secrets, lies: this is how legends are made. King Arthur is the greatest hero of all time, and Myrddin is his bard – a spinner of magical tales. But it’s a devious kind of magic that can turn a slave-girl into a goddess, and a raggle-taggle rascal into a warrior legend… Every so often, you come across a book that changes the way you think about your world. This is one of those rare books. A masterpiece about the stories made up by people who want to rule us. Set in the past, but utterly true to our times.
- Winner of the Carnegie Medal 2008
- A riveting tale of political manipulation
- By the bestselling author of Mortal Engines
- Explores the dark side of the power of stories
“A masterpiece.” Daily Telegraph
“A warning about the manipulative power of illusion.” Teenreads
Please note this book contains mature content more appropriate for older readers.
June 1st, 2017
AR book level: 5.6; Upper years; 11.0 points
- 304 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.