Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11 September 2009
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Years 5 and 6, SEPTEMBER 2009
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on an ANGLO-SAXONS theme includes:
- New Anglo-Saxon Times – Read about four Anglo-Saxon events in this virtual newspaper.
- Eight Anglo-Saxon riddles – Can you solve these eight ancient riddles reworked by Rosalind Kerven.
- King Alfred the Great – Biographical text on the man considered one of the greatest kings in history.
- The heroic tale of Hiltgunt and Waldere – Travel back to the time when Attila of the Huns terrorised the land in this Anglo-Saxon story.
- The Sword in the Stone – An original play script by Brenda Williams about the Arthurian legend.
- How to tell tales Part 2: Attention-grabbing openings – The second in our six-part story writing workshop from Writer-in-residence, Antony Lishak.
These are accompanied by the 28-page Teachers’ Notes magazine:
Next issue November 2009 (published in November):
- Resources on a Sacred texts theme – Including an information text exploring the holy texts of the world’s six major religions
- The voice of the voiceless – A biography of Desmond Tutu.
- Author study: Anita Ganeri – A biography, book list and book extracts from award-winner Anita Ganeri.
- How to tell tales Part 3: Painting pictures with words – The third part of our six-part story writing workshop by Literacy Time PLUS Writer-in-residence, Antony Lishak.
September 1st, 2009
- 24 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.