Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11 March 2009
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Years 5 and 6, MARCH 2009
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on a LITERACY AND NUMERACY theme includes:
- Mad Maths Dictionary – Find the correct definitions for 30 mathematical words and terms in this ‘Call My Bluff’-style interactive game. Complete with printable dictionary and answer sheet.
- Leopard, Goat and Yam by Kevin Crossley-Holland – A short tale from Africa featuring a clever conundrum, retold by popular children’s author, Kevin Crossley-Holland.
- Favourite Author Survey – A presentation of the data collected in a class survey of favourite authors – ready for children to present, analyse or summarise.
- Poetry by Numbers – A collection of poems with a strong numeric, line or syllable pattern, including a limerick, two clerihews, two haikus, a tanka, a cinquain and a sonnet.
- What is a metaphor? – Kevin McCann reveals how to bring your stories and poems to life, starting with simple similes and ending up with magical metaphors.
- shadows: city eye – Powerful images to inspire oral storytelling, caption or story writing.
These are accompanied by the 24-page Teachers’ Notes magazine:
Next issue May 2009 (published in May):
- Resources on an Africa theme – Including a biography of Nelson Mandela
- Where it began – An interactive resource giving a fictional and factual recount of how life began in Africa
- The White Giraffe – An extract from Lauren St John’s book set in Africa
- Four African Stories – Four African fables retold by Teresa Saunders
March 1st, 2009
- 24 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.