Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11: Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11 May 2008
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Years 5 and 6, MAY 2008
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on the theme of the Olympic Games includes:
- Olympic Dictionary Game – Spot the correct definitions of 30 words associated with the Olympic Games, ancient and modern
- Conversation Poetry frames(Part 2) – The second part of Kevin McCann’s interactive poetry frames
- An interview with Dame Kelly Holmes – Dame Kelly talks about her Olympic achievements, her children’s books and her role as National School Sports Champion
- How to… conduct an interview – Ideas on how to get the best from your interviews
- Olympic-themed poetry – Pindar’s ‘Olympian Ode’ and ‘Uncle Alfred’s Long Jump’ by Gareth Owen
- Bird of Paradise – A football story by David Clayton, set in Brazil
These are accompanied by a 24-page magazine which includes: * Teachers’ Notes and photocopiable worksheets * Teachers’ planning charts * Book news, offers and events * Feature article – Honor Wilson-Fletcher tells us all about ‘The National Year of Reading’.
Next issue July 2008 (published in July):
- Texts on a Tudors theme – Including an interactive ‘Name that Tudor’ resource
- Speech by the Earl of Essex – Poetic tribute to Queen Elizabeth I made at a jousting tournament
- Cakes fit for a king – A hybrid text containing a recipe for Maid of Honour cakes, believed to date from Tudor times
- Tudor story extracts – Extracts from ‘My Diary: Anne Boleyn and me’ by Alison Prince, and Julia Jarman’s ‘The Time-travelling Cat and the Tudor Treasure’
May 1st, 2008
This product has not been reviewed yet.