Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11 January 2009
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Years 5 and 6, JANUARY 2009
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on a VICTORIANS theme includes:
- My life in the workhouse – An interactive, fictional recount of a child’s arrival at a Victorian workhouse with a virtual tour of its key rooms.
- Extract from Berlie Doherty’s Street Child novel – Extract from this powerful novel, based on the real-life story that inspired Dr Barnardo’s homes.
- Extract from Berlie Doherty’s Street Child play – Berlie Doherty’s own playscript adaptation of the Street Child episode featured in Group Reading Leaflet 1.
- ‘Address To Edinburgh’ by Robert Burns – Celebrating the 250th anniversary of Robert Burns’ birth, we present an extract from this classic poetic eulogy.
- Paul Cookson Poetry Workshop Part 2 – In these two films, Paul takes part in a question-and-answer session before explaining how he writes his poems and gets his ideas.
- Orders to be observed by the Poor in the Doncaster workhouse – A genuine historical document dated pre-1834, featuring the workhouse rules and the weekly menu.
These are accompanied by the 24-page Teachers’ Notes magazine:
Next issue March 2009 (published in March):
- Resources on a Literacy and Numeracy theme – Including a conundrum story by Kevin Crossley-Holland – Leopard, Goat and Yam
- Mad Maths Dictionary – Find the correct definitions for 30 mathematical words and terms in this ‘Call My Bluff’-style interactive game. Complete with printable dictionary and answer sheet.
- Poetry by numbers – A collection of poems with a strong numeric, line or syllable pattern, including a limerick, two clerihews, two haikus, a tanka, a cinquain and a sonnet.
- What is a metaphor – Kevin McCann reveals how to bring your stories and poems to life, starting with simple similes and ending up with magical metaphors.
January 1st, 2009
- 24 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.