Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time PLUS Ages 7 to 9 September 2008
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Years 3 and 4, SEPTEMBER 2008
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on the theme of Heroes includes:
- Performance Poetry – The first in our 3-part series features a filmed whole-school poetry performance by Literacy Time PLUS poet-in-residence, Paul Cookson
- Horrid Henry: Hero or Villain – A multimedia character study pack focusing on this popular character, including author and illustrator profiles, interactive activities and a complete story
- Survival in the cold – David Clayton looks at how our bodies react to extreme cold conditions and offers survival advice
- Trudging through the snow – A shape poem by Moira Andrew, using similes and alliteration
- Du Sani and the Land Otter People – This powerful traditional tale comes from the Tlingit people of Alaska
- Reading Heroes – Authors including Tony Bradman, Keith Gray, Julia Jarman, Kelly McKain, Rosalind Kerven and Tony Mitton nominate their reading heroes
Next issue November 2008 (published in November):
- Newspaper maker – Create your own newspaper front page with this interactive writing kit
- Billy Elliot – Introduce the powerful and moving story of Billy Elliot and explore how this tale has been told on screen, on the stage and on the page
- Create a cartoon strip! – A fun, visual, expert, step-by-step guide to producing an original cartoon strip
- Poem: Reading a Bonfire, Top to Bottom – An unusual and beautifully descriptive poem featuring metaphors and similes
September 1st, 2008