Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time PLUS Ages 7 to 9 May 2009
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
h3>Years 3 and 4, MAY 2009
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on the theme of RIVERS includes:
- Two great rivers – Compare and contrast the Amazon and the Danube on this information poster.
- Rivers Glossary Game – Test the children’s geographical vocabulary in this interactive glossary game.
- Krishna and Kaliya – Tell the traditional tale of Krishna and Kaliya with this guided reading leaflet.
- Why is flooding in this country on the increase? – David Clayton asks and answers questions about the weather and flooding in this explanation text.
- Paul Cookson Poetry Workshop Part 3 – In this final episode of our three-part performance poetry workshop film, Paul works with Year 3 and 4 children to create a hilarious sibling-themed poem.
- Rivers of Rhymes – Four river poems by John Agard, Clive Riche, June Crebbin and Charles Causley.
These are accompanied by a 24-page magazine which includes: * Teachers’ Notes and photocopiable worksheets * Teachers’ planning charts * Book news, offers and events * Feature article – Time travel for the nines and under by Kevin McCann.
Next issue July 2009 (published in July):
- Texts and resources on ‘A night at the museum’ theme – Including the first in a series of story writing workshops from new Literacy Time PLUS Writer-in-residence, Antony Lishak.
- Interactive resources – Dream Museum virtual museum visit recount PLUSNight at the Museum film narrative resource
- In the Museum of Past Centuries – A poem by Kevin McCann
- Stolen Mona Lisa found – Newspaper report on this famous theft.
May 1st, 2009
This product has not been reviewed yet.