Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time PLUS Ages 7 to 9 March 2009
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
h3>Years 3 and 4, MARCH 2009
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on a RIDDLES theme includes:
- Unravel the Riddles – Five different riddle poems to solve, complete with interactive clues and sound effects.
- The Stanhope Fairies – A folk tale from North-east England to enjoy in audio and text format, retold by popular storyteller Taffy Thomas, MBE.
- Persuasive texts – Four persuasive texts with an environmental theme: a campaign flyer, a speech for a TV broadcast, a fund-raising letter and an advertisement.
- Story: Tommy and the Elves – In Jess Smith’s tale, Tommy is desperately thirsty, but has to answer three mysterious questions to obtain a drink from the river.
- The Star Apple – A short tale originating from Cumbria, in which a princess has to solve a riddle, set by the ogre who imprisons her, to win her freedom.
- The mystery of Vincent Van Gogh’s hidden paintings – Discover how a lost work of art, hidden under the brush strokes of another, was revealed.
Next issue May 2009 (published in May):
- Information texts on ‘Two Great Rivers’ and ‘Flooding in Britain’
- Rivers Glossary game – An interactive rivers glossary game
- Poems about rivers – by John Agard, Clive Riche, Charles Causley and June Crebbin
- Krishna saves the river – A traditional tale from India
March 1st, 2009
This product has not been reviewed yet.