Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time PLUS Ages 5 to 7 September 2008
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Years 1 and 2, SEPTEMBER 2008
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on the theme of heroes includes:
- Gem Collectors – A graphemes game by Kay Clifford where the children help the superheroes pick up the stolen gems
- A real-life hero – An information text about a real-life hero from the East Anglian Air Ambulance Team
- Sleeping Beauty – The classic fairy tale, retold by Judith Mason
- Rosa to the rescue – A story by Bev Long set in a familiar setting, starring an everyday hero
- The King of All the Dinosaurs – Part 1 in our 3-part poetry workshop series featuring a whole-school performance by Literacy Time PLUS poet in residence, Paul Cookson
- Real or imaginary? – Read the information about the 12 heroes and heroines, then drag and drop the names to sort the real people from the imaginary
These are accompanied by a 24-page magazine which includes: * Teachers’ Notes and photocopiable worksheets * Teachers’ planning charts * Book news, offers and events * Feature article – ‘It’s not what it looks like – it’s what it sounds like’ by Paul Cookson.
Next issue November 2008 (published in November):
- Texts and resources on a Colour theme – Including a retelling of a North American tale about how the first rainbow was made by Brenda Williams
- Interactive resources – Explore the power of colour in the visual image – from photographs to films, and extend vocabulary with words related to colour names
- It’s a colourful world – Poems on a colour theme by Christina Rossetti, Colin West, Brenda Williams and Berlie Doherty
- Instructions poster – Where does light come from? This great resource for the science lesson, by Kay Clifford, explains the different sources of light and how to create a rainbow
September 1st, 2008
- 24 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.