Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time PLUS Ages 5 to 7 May 2009
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 5/5 from 14 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
Years 1 and 2, MAY 2009
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on the theme of CASTLES includes:
- How to attack a castle – An instructions text poster, with humorous illustrations by Shirley Chiang.
- The Castle Tournament – A fantasy story leaflet written by Brenda Williams about a castle’s magical transformation.
- Castle capers – Create sentences to describe the action in this bustling castle scene poster.
- Great Castles of the World – An alphabetical information text with fascinating facts about some of the world’s greatest castles
- Paul Cookson Poetry Workshop Part 3 – In this final episode of our three-part performance poetry workshop film, Paul works with Year 1 and 2 children to create a lively dinosaur-themed poem.
- Build your own castle – Use this interactive resource to complete and label a castle jigsaw, then sequence the instructions.
These are accompanied by a 24-page magazine which includes: * Teachers’ Notes and photocopiable worksheets * Teachers’ planning charts * Book news, offers and events * Feature article – Smoothing the transition – Sylvia Clements looks at ways to make the transition from KS1 to KS2 as smooth as possible.
Next issue July 2009 (published in July):
- Texts and resources on a Senses theme – Including a senses board game to build vocabulary on smells, sights, sounds, textures and tastes
- Interactive resources – Our senses non-fiction labelling and caption game PLUSStart with the senses resource
- Using the senses – Poems by Moira Andrew, John Foster, Andrew Fusek Peters and Alison Milford
- Baby Bear comes home and Baby Bear speaks – A caption story and guided reading leaflet by new Literacy Time PLUS Writer-in-residence, Antony Lishak
May 1st, 2009
- 24 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.