Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time PLUS Ages 5 to 7 January 2009
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Years 1 and 2, JANUARY 2009
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on the theme of UNDER WATER includes:
- Orlando, the clumsy octopus – A touching fantasy story about a clumsy octopus who discovers he has hidden talents.
- How to set up an experiment – An interactive resource allowing children to sequence the instructions and take part in a virtual floating and sinking experiment.
- Tell me a story – Collect settings, characters and scenarios then tell a tale using story language on this useful poster.
- Under water poems – Poems on an under water theme by poets including John Foster, Brian Moses, Clive Riche and Coral Rumble
- Paul Cookson Poetry Workshop Part 2 – In these two films, Paul takes part in a question-and-answer session with children, before explaining how he writes his poems and gets his ideas.
- Swim around sentences – Use this poster to help the children correctly punctuate the sea-themed sentences.
These are accompanied by a 24-page magazine which includes: * Teachers’ Notes and photocopiable worksheets * Teachers’ planning charts * Book news, offers and events * Feature article – Great reads for World Book Day.
Next issue March 2009 (published in March):
- Texts and resources on an Up in the air theme – Including a retelling of the Greek myth of Icarus and Daedalus by Moira Andrew
- Interactive resources – Landing on the Moon interactive recount PLUS Balloon Busters spelling game
- Flying Creatures – A fact-filled non-chronological report about flying creatures real and imaginary
- Suffix flight explorer poster – A non-competitive game to add the suffixes -er and -est to words
January 1st, 2009
- 24 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.