Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time Ages 9 to 11 November 2007
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
Rated 5/5 from 7 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
Years 5 and 6, NOVEMBER 2007
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME on the theme of Wales includes:
- An interactive disussion resource – Information on the legend of King Arthur, plus an interactive debate on whether Caerleon is the site of Camelot
- Child labour in the coal mines – Find out what life was like for children in the coal mines in Victorian times
- The land of castles – How Wales came to be known as the land of castles
- How to… tell a traditional tale – Advice on traditional storytelling
- Traditional tales from Wales – The stories of Beddgelert, Devils Bridge and Lake Bala – plus a Welsh pronunciation guide
- Dylan Thomas – The life of Dylan Thomas plus an extract from his work ‘A Child’s Christmas in Wales’
These are accompanied by a 24-page magazine which includes: * Teachers’ Notes and photocopiable worksheets * Teachers’ planning charts * Book news, offers and events * Feature article – Denise Dent looks at bi- and multi-lingual support across the curriculum.
Next issue January 2008 (published in January):
- Resources on a Time theme – including an interactive sequencing activity using a Grandfather clock
- Famous Britons of the 20th century – An interactive activity – read the biographies of the ten famous faces and decide where on the timeline they should be placed
- How to… keep a reading journal – Make a reading journal more than just a list of books read says Ann Webley
- Playscript: Saved in time – Victorian and present-day characters illustrate the theme of time in this short play
November 1st, 2007
- 24 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.