Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Connectors Ages 11+: Eye and Ear Pollution
Part of the following packs:
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- English > Comprehension
- English > Reading > Independent Reading
- English > Speaking and listening
- Facts and Information
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Animals
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Environmental or Green Issues
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Ourselves
Connectors is a groundbreaking reciprocal reading series which narrows the attainment gap through peer-to-peer learning. Children work in small independent groups, each taking short turns to be the leader as they read a book together and debate issues raised in the text.
Clear prompts represented by coloured faces show each child when it is their turn to read and lead, and how to focus the discussion to engage their team members. This exciting approach builds reading and listening skills, promotes successful teamwork and encourages every child to participate.
The Sutton Trust ranks peer tutoring as one of the most effective ways to improve achievement, with disadvantaged and low achieving pupils making particular gains. Formal classroom trials of Connectors show children’s reading age leaping forward by an average of 9.1 months in just 12 weeks. Class guided reading time is also increased by up to five times.
Eye and Ear Pollution explores how unwanted sights and sounds are part of our daily life, whether we realise it or not. People disagree on what is considered eye and ear pollution. Yet its effects on our bodies, wildlife and the environment cannot be denied.
June 1st, 2009
This product has not been reviewed yet.