Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Take Back the Skies
Part of the following pack:
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Skyships, storms, rebels in love. This author’s barely older than you, but she’s dreamed up the coolest steampunk world in ages. Get your velvet cape and chunky boots ready. You’re in for an epic flight. Catherine Hunter is the daughter of a senior government official on the island of Anglya. She’s one of the privileged: with luxurious clothes, plenty to eat, and nothing to fear from the terrifying Collections. (Plus a clockwork servant. Very cool.) But Cat yearns to escape. So she stows away on the skyship Stormdancer, braving the storms that tear open the skies around the island of Tellus. Turbulence. Danger. Secrets. She’s flying headlong into them all.
- A steampunk yarn set in a sky-high alternative universe
- Full of strong characters, wild exploits and deadly danger
- Lucy Saxon was only sixteen when she wrote this book
- First in a series of books set in the world of Tellus
“Absolutely cracking … a delicious cocktail incorporating steampunk, His Dark Materials and George Orwell. About as good a YA adventure as you’ll see all year.” SFX
June 5th, 2014
AR book level: 6.2; Middle years plus; 16.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.