Exploring Sound: Pitch and Frequency - Why Can't I Hear That?
Buy this and your school gets £1.82 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Simple examples and fun, hands-on experiments are used to demystify sound and explain the concepts of pitch and frequency. Why can’t humans hear a dog whistle? How is pitch vital to music? How do animals use sound to communicate and navigate? The science of sound is made extra simple for young children in this clear and interactive book. It’s a great mix of interesting facts, colour photos and questions for readers to answer themselves. It also includes fun-filled sound experiments which your pupils will love.
April 10th, 2014
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 4.7; Middle years; 0.5 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
The Knowledge: Spectacular Special Effects
- Collins Read On: Spies
- Super Scientists: Isaac Newton
- Scientists Who Made History: Isaac Newton
- Collins Read On: Unsolved Mysteries
- Food and Cooking in Ancient Egypt
- Exploring Sound: Volume - Turn it Up! Turn it Down!
- The Knowledge: Groovy Movies
- Collins Read On: Making It Move!
- Fact Finders: Human Environmental Impact - How We Affect Earth
Horrible Science: Painful Poison
Kenny Wright: Superhero
- Creating an App
- City Safari: Pigeon
- Animals in Groups: A Pod of Dolphins and Other Sea Mammal Groups
- Horrible Science: Space, Stars and Slimy Aliens
The Knowledge: Dreadful Drama
Middle School: How I Survived Bullies, Broccoli, and Snake Hill
- Fact Cat: Scotland
Horrible Science: Frightful Flight (New Edition)
- Life Story of a Frog
- Scientists Who Made History: Dian Fossey
- Bear Moves
Pie Corbett's Storyteller: Dragonory and Other Stories for 7-9 Year Olds
Soccer Squad #4: Glory!
- Navigators: Technology
- The Great Ice Cream Heist
- Big Business: Facebook
- Now You Know Science: Magnet Magic
- Project Geography: The Sea