Buy this and your school gets £40.60 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 2 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
Inspire children with the magic of stories. Pie Corbett’s captivating anthology has seventeen favourite tales to enjoy and read aloud, plus audio retellings narrated by top storytellers.
- A treasure-trove of beloved traditional tales for children
- Builds reading, listening, speaking and comprehension skills
- Includes an audio CD of each story read aloud by a top storyteller
- Featured storytellers are Pie Corbett, Xanthe Gresham and Taffy Thomas
Perfect for use with our linked teacher book of classroom activities.
This multipack of 30 copies is ideal for group or classroom use.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Storyteller Teacher Resource Books and CD-ROMs
Each anthology is supported by a teacher’s resource book written by Pie Corbett and CD-ROM with videos of storytellers telling their tales.
In the teacher’s book:
- General guidance on how to tell a story
- Activities for each story in the children’s anthology – getting to know each story through discussion, writing, drama, music or dance.
- Speaking: guidance on how to tell each story aloud
- Structure: a flow chart for each story
- Telling to writing: ideas for adapting each story to make a new version
On the CD-ROM:
Let the children watch professional storytellers on the CD-ROM. Half the stories in the anthologies are told aloud by:
- Pie Corbett
- Taffy Thomas
- Jane Grell
- Xanthe Gresham
Each storyteller also tells his or her storytelling tips and thoughts.
There are three children’s anthologies each containing about 15 traditional stories from around the world perfect for retelling. Each anthology contains some stories short enough to learn off-by-heart.
- The Gingerbread Man and other stories for 4–7 year olds
- Dragonory and other stories for 7–9 year olds
- The Boy and the Tiger and other stories for 9–11 year olds
Each anthology is accompanied by an audio CD containing all the stories in the anthology read aloud by Pie Corbett, Xanthe Gresham or Taffy Thomas.