Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Important Events in History: Remembrance Day and the Poppy
Buy this and your school gets £3.00 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
The most important bits of history – simply retold. What is Remembrance Day? Where in the world does it take place? Why do people wear poppies? Who are we remembering and why? This book tells you how Remembrance Day began after the end of the First World War, and how soldiers from all over the world are commemorated on the 11th of November each year.
- Simple and highly illustrated look at the history of Remembrance Day
- Clearly describes how and why this annual event came into being
- Explains the significance and history of the poppy symbol
- Shows how this event keeps history alive for the present day
5821 in Schools Catalogue 2017/18
March 3rd, 2016
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 4.3; Lower years; 0.5 points
- 24 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.